Posted in Christianity, tagged Amen, Aritcles of Faith, Baptism, Basics, Buried, Christ, Christian, Christianity, Church, Communion, Constantinople, Creed, Crucified, Dead, Death, Faith, Forgiveness, God, Heaven, Holy, Jesus, Kingdom, Kingdom of God, Light, Lord, Man, Mary, Nicea, Paradise, Pilate, Pontius, Remission, Resurrection, Saints, Salvation, Sins, Son, Spirit, Suffered, Testament, Virgin on November 8, 2015|
1 Comment »
I believe in God the Father Almighty, Maker of heaven and earth.
- And of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only begotten Son, our Lord.
- He was begotten, not made and is of one essence with the Father.
- Through him all things were made.
- Who for us and for our salvation he came down from heaven.
- He was made incarnate by the power of the Holy Spirit, and was born of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
- He suffered under Pontius Pilate.
- He was crucified, died, and was buried.
- He descended into the place of the dead.
- He rose from the dead on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures.
- He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
- He shall come again to judge the living and the dead.
- His kingdom shall have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit.
- Who is the Lord, the Giver of Life.
- Who spoke through the Prophets.
- Who with the Father and the Son, is worshipped and glorified.
I believe in one holy Church.
- Which is universal, and for all peoples.
- Which is the Communion of Saints.
- It is timeless and beyond the reach of mortal death.
I acknowledge one baptism for the remission of sins.
I look for the resurrection of the dead, and life everlasting.
- Which is a bodily resurrection.
- The righteous shall enter the world which is to come.
- The righteous shall not taste of death again.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Prayer of the Day, tagged Amen, Christ, Day, Die, Faithful, Friday, Glory, God, God Almighty, Good, Good Friday, Grace, Holy, Holy Mary, Holy Spirit, Intercede, Jesus, Jesus Christ, Lord, Love, Mary, Mindful, Mother of God, Name, Passion, Peace, Power, Prayer, Self, Sin, Son, Spirit, Strength, Temptation, Theotokos, Walk, Witnesses on April 4, 2015|
Leave a Comment »
A Prayer for Good Friday
Lord Christ, have mercy upon us your servants. Give us grace this day to walk in love and peace to the glory of your Name. Keep us ever mindful of your most holy Passion, that we too may be faithful witnesses, and die to self this day.
Holy Mary, God-bearer, mother of our Lord: as we remember the passion of your most blessed Son, keep us ever mindful in your prayers this day. Intercede for us to your Son, our Lord, Jesus Christ; that we may have the strength and fortitude to resist temptation and live this day without sin through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Read Full Post »